Welcome! What are your religious beliefs?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Me, My Girlfriend, and the Mormon Missionaries (part 2)

So picture this. It's about 7pm, dark outside, pouring rain and there's a knock at the door. I open the door and there are two young men drenched with rain water, wearing ponchos and huge smiles. From under the black ponchos I can see the white collared shirt and black tie peeking out. My first thought; It's dark and raining, a black poncho is very dangerous, they should really be wearing some kind of neon or reflective material. The next thing to cross my mind; what the hell do the mormons want now? One of them says "Hello, is (my girlfriend's name) here?" Yes she was there, but I come up with a story about how we just got home and are getting ready to go out, so I will have to go check to see if she can come to the door. I ask her if she wants to talk to our door-to-door religious salesmen tonight and she says no. So I return to the door and explain to the young men that my girlfriend can't come hang out with them on the porch right now. They say "That's fine, we can come back another day, we just wanted to stop by and say hi and see how she's doing" the whole time with this huge Book of Mormon eating grin on his face. The mormon missionaries are in love with my girlfriend and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment