Welcome! What are your religious beliefs?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Homosexuality vs. The Jesus Freaks

According to a lot of christians, homosexuality is this huge sin and every gay, lesbian, bi, transgender, etc. person is going to hell. I want to take a look at these two very different groups and maybe try to determine who is actually EVIL.

For the sake of streamlining this research, we will just focus on gay men, due to the fact that they are the group that seem to be most ridiculed by religious fanatics.

Evil doing: Really what has a gay man ever done? If you're a guy, maybe you were hit on once or twice, which might be a little uncomfortable, but deep down we all know that we are a little flattered. They might give you a hard time if your belt and shoes don't match and even then they are going to take you under their wing and help you (I know this is a huge generalization, but for the sake of argument stick with me). We've saw how great Queer Eye For The Straight Guy worked out for the dozens of lost heterosexual men out there. The gay population isn't out there screaming in your face every day and trying to convince you to be gay too. And let's be honest, gay men are usually pretty fucking funny. Just look at the pictures below.
"God created the rainbow so I could catwalk to Heaven"
"Keep your magic undies off my civil rights"
"You have two wives I want one husband"
So awesome, I love making fun of
Mormon's magic undies






















"Pissing off the religious protesters: priceless" Now that's my kind of man. 

And now for our religious fanatic friends....

Evil doing: "GOD HATES JEWS" and "GOD HATES FAGS" Well so far those are some pretty evil and mean things to say. Sir, you don't know God, so I'm sure you didn't get a letter in the mail saying,

Dear Jim, 
Please make signs to let the world know who I hate. 
Love, 
God 
P.S. I totally got with that girl from the Christmas party

Now I'm all for freedom of speech and if you personally hate Jews and "fags" then go out with signs saying "I HATE (insert group)" But I really believe that this is just a way for people to go after groups of people that they don't like and use the excuse of it being "God's word." Fuck you, be a man and speak your mind. Believe it or not, I'd have a lot more respect for someone who says "I hate homos" because at least that person is stating their own opinion and not hiding behind some fictitious figure (it's still not the right opinion).

Final Verdict: 


Gays: Pretty cool, funny, don't care if you're gay or straight


God Lovers: Not cool, gay for god, not funny, want you to be straight and love god


Who's EVIL?

No comments:

Post a Comment